Hog Island Announces 2017 Schedule
Since 1936, the Audubon Camp in Maine has offered environmental education programs for adults, teens, families and conservation leaders on Hog Island in Muscongus Bay, Maine. It has a rich history in American bird study, education, and ornithology starting with its first bird instructor, Roger Tory Peterson, in the 1930s.
Hog Island is on the very beautiful coast of Maine. The programs are an absolutely wonderful opportunity to learn about birds from expert staff and volunteers. Five star recommendation.
The initial 2017 schedule was released in late October, and the events are now open for registration. They include the following:
- Joy of Birding: June 4-9
- Field Ornithology: June 18-23
- Coastal Maine Bird Studies for Teens: June 11-16; June 18-23
- Marine Natural History for Teens: July 9-14
- Sharing Nature: An Educator's Week: July 16-21
- Family Camp August 6-11: August 13-18
- Maine Seabird Biology & Conservation: September 3-8
- Fall Migration and Monhegan Island: September 3-8; Sept. 10-15
The session fill up quickly, so sign up soon if interested.