Shorebirds of the United States and Canada - the app
Compatible with iPhone, iTouch and iPad
Our Shorebirds app covers 50 species of shorebirds.
The app features the work of shorebird expert Kevin Karlson. Kevin provides structural ID tips for each species as well as descriptive information for over 240 shorebird images.
Purchase in the app store: $5.99.
View a video description of the app on YouTube.
Each profile includes:
- A species description
- Two to six images per species
- The call of each species
- Range map
- Bent Life History
- Ability for the user to record their own notes for each species.
Additonal major sections of the app include:
- A gallery of all the images included in the app, (245 images).
- A unique Comparator feature that allows the user to compare any two images on a side by side basis.
- Identifaction games based on both images aand calls.
For the iPad
The iPad version takes advantage of the larger screen size to showcase images to the full size of the iPad.
For the iPhone and iTouch
The navigation of the iPhone version differs slightly from the iPad. The iPhone version is designed for quick reference in the field, with a bird's call and images presented before the detailed description.